Lead2Change, Inc. is a non-profit public charity, as defined by article 501(c)3 with the State of Wisconsin and the United States Federal Government. All donations are tax deductible.
2011 Form 990 (PDF)
2012 Form 990 (PDF)
Why donate to Lead2Change, Inc?
Since the Youth In Service Fund’s (YISF) inception, in 1997:
• One hundred and thirty four Youth Advisory Council members have awarded nearly $600,000 to 258 projects led by teens throughout the greater Milwaukee area.
• In 2010, due to significant program growth, Lead2Change, Inc. became its own 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Youth Advisory Council members spent eight weeks writing a business plan, devising articles of incorporation, constructing bi-laws and designing our website and logo as well as all other tasks required to start a non-profit organization. What an awesome way for teens to spend their summer!
• Our board composition is majority youth and demonstrates our commitment to empowering young people to be catalysts for change in their communities.
• In 2009, Lead2Change, Inc. conducted a needs assessment to identify youth needs in order to prioritize grant making. Two thousand and three hundred surveys were collected, and youth presented their findings as a best practice at the 2010 Youth Grantmaker’s conference in Lansing Michigan.
• Women’s Fund of Greater Milwaukee sought out Lead2Change, Inc. in its inaugural year to develop Girls Leading Change, a fund for young women to identify issues that are important to them and design a project to create social change around that issue.
• In its inaugural year, Lead2Change, Inc. was the recipient of the 2011 Youth In Philanthropy Award from the Association of Fundraising Professionals. In addition to receiving this award, Lead2Change’s Youth Advisory Council members designed award criteria and will select recipients for 2012 and beyond.
• In 2011 Lead2Change, Inc. launched Dreambig!, an annual event that recognizes two youth groups who respond to the “What will you do with a $5,000 grant to make your community better?”
The 2012 recipients were…
Urban Ecology Center and Business Economics Academy of Milwaukee were the 2011 recipients. Sweet Water Foundation was a runner-up. This event creates a platform to recognize young people who demonstrate their commitment to service by creating and leading community projects.
Simply put, Lead2Change, Inc. is purposeful about creating opportunities for young people to be successfully engaged in authentic leadership. Our programs assist youth with developing overall self-confidence, responsible decision-making skills and to become more aware and productive community.
Your donation will help us empower youth to be catalysts for change in their communities.
What do we do with your donations?
Your funds will continue to assist us with providing leadership opportunities for the Youth Advisory Council as they work to allocate funds through our Youth In Service Fund, Girls Leading Change and DreamBig! grant programs.
How can you donate?
Donations can be made in a variety of ways: monetary donations (includes credit/debit, cash or check), in-kind donations, or you may also donate your services and time as a volunteer with Lead2Change, Inc.
How will my gift be acknowledged?
Your donation will be acknowledged in publication materials. The option to remain anonymous is available upon request.
Copyright © 2011 Lead2Change, Inc. All Rights Reserved.